Sunday 24 June 2012

My Birthday Cake



The long wait to make another cake with fondant was finally over! For my birthday my mother bought all my supplies to make my own birthday cake, which I'd never had the chance to do before. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible to minimize error. But like always there were things I should have done differently. The lopsided cake didn't help either! One layer of the cake did not come out of the pan cleanly (I've learned my lesson with Pam) which resulted with improv correction tricks using plastic wrap and icing to try and re-balance the layer.
Was it successful? Not really. Did the extra icing make it too mushy and round for the fondant? Yup. But was I excited to just make my own cake and was everyone impressed? Double yes.







No comments:

Post a Comment